In Style: Katherine Lam

6:00 PM





"... it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room (Vogue Magazine) from a pile of stuff." - Miranda Priestly in Devil Wears Prada

That's how Katherine explains how the fashion industry impacts her and her style. Through magazines including Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and Nylon, we are able to relay back fashion trends from the runway to the mass consumer. We're all exposed to fashion at a young age. "Although I don't actively read and follow up with trends anymore, I understand that the fashion industry still has an influence on what I buy and wear.

Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? 
I was born in Canada and raised in San Francisco, but I'm currently a student at San Diego State University. I indulge in horror movies and science fiction television series (and I'd recommend Orphan Black). I also have a cat named Ice (Ice Baby), whom I've had since he was a few days old. And I'm always on Yelp trying to find new places to go and try out!

How would you describe your style? I would describe it in a word my friend made up, which basically means urban hipster: urbster. Besides the sometimes negative connotation that goes with the word "hipster," I'd say urberster describes me pretty accurately.

What inspires your style? 
I'm inspired by many things around me, but the biggest influence on my style would be YouTubers and fashion bloggers on Instagram. Browsing pictures on Instagram is just a quick and easy way to find inspiration. 

What is your style forecast for Spring 2016?
A true baby pink or a blush pink with an otherwise monochrome outfit. And off-the-shoulder tops for sure. 

If your apartment was on fire, what two things would you save from your closet? 
I'd say my black wool hat and my green western jacket. Both are more unique pieces from my closet that I found in two different consignment stores in San Francisco. I just love both pieces and I know that they wouldn't be easy to find again.


Follow Us
Instagram: @wcetveshop
Twitter: @WCETVeShop


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe